Frequently Asked Questions

Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions. If you cannot locate the answer to your question, please contact Speedy Cash on 0333 240 1375 or via email at We are here to help you, so please do not hesitate to contact us.

Q. How much does a Speedy Cash loan cost?

A. For full details on costs and terms, please visit our Rates & Terms page.

Q. Does Speedy Cash use Credit Reference Agencies?

A. Yes. For more information please see our Data Protection Guide to the use of your personal data by Speedy Cash and Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies.

Q. What if I'm unable to repay my Speedy Cash loan on my due date?

A. Speedy Cash is a responsible lender and urges you to borrow only what you can afford to repay. However, if you are faced with unexpected circumstances and are unable to repay on time, please contact Speedy Cash immediately. We value our relationship with you and will work with you to find alternative repayment solutions regarding your loan repayment.

Q. If I default on my loan repayment, will I face penalties?

A. Speedy Cash will charge you a £15 fee if you miss a payment. Missing payment could have severe consequences, such as making obtaining credit more difficult and/or more expensive because of the adverse effect on your credit record. We will also charge you interest at the daily rate of 0.8%, up to a maximum period of 60 days whilst your account is in arrears.

Q. Should I contact Speedy Cash if my personal or financial information has changed?

A. We expect all our Customers to provide full and honest information upon completing their loan application. You should contact Customer Support if you believe your financial circumstances may have changed and if that change would affect your ability to repay. We also expect to be advised of any changes in personal details such as address, contact phone numbers, and income/expenditure.

Q. Do I have the right to withdraw from my loan agreement?

A. You have the right to withdraw from the agreement within 14 days without having to give any reason. The period of withdrawal begins from the day after the day on which you receive a copy of your Loan Agreement which has been signed by us and by you and ends 14 days after that date. You can exercise this right by post, email or by calling us using the contact details set out below. If you withdraw you must return the amount you borrowed within 30 days of exercising your right of withdrawal and with interest calculated on a daily basis from the date you are given the money to the date you repay us.

Q. Whom do I contact if I have a complaint?

A. Please let us know about your concerns. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our staff service or products it is important that you tell us about those concerns. It is equally important to us that we rectify an error that may have occurred or simply explain in further detail something that you do not understand.

We would like you to contact us in anyway convenient.

Complaints Contact Information
Phone: 0115 896 9990

Complaints Mailing Address
Complaints Team
Speedy Cash
Floor 30/34 Houndsgate
Nottingham, NG1 7AB

Please provide as much relevant background information as you can regarding your complaint, so that we may begin thoroughly investigating the matter as soon as possible.

Below is a guide summarising how we will deal with your complaint:

Acknowledging your complaint

We will acknowledge your complaint within five business days.

Investigating your complaint

Your complaint will always be investigated by an appropriately skilled member of staff from either our frontline staff, or where appropriate by our complaints administration team. We may contact you for additional information.

Resolving your complaint

The member of staff will analyse all relevant facts and come to a conclusion as to whether they believe your complaint is justified or not. We will make every effort to do this as soon as possible, but in order to thoroughly investigate your case we may need to obtain further information from you or other parties.

If we have been unable to resolve your complaint within four weeks of the date we received your complaint, we will write to you explaining why and confirm the next steps we intend to take.

Informing you of our decision

We will inform you of the results of our investigation as soon as we are able and in any event, no later than eight weeks from the date we received your complaint. If we are unable to provide you a Final Response Letter within eight weeks of receiving your complaint, we will write to you explaining the reasons why and providing an indication of when we expect to be able to provide a Final Response Letter.

We hope to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you remain dissatisfied following receipt of our Final Response Letter you may be eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

You may contact the Financial Ombudsman using the details below:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Telephone Number: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123
Monday- Friday- 8am to 6pm
Saturday- 9am to 1pm

Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Exchange Harbour
E14 9SR

Q. What should I do if I am in financial difficulty?

A. If you already have a loan outstanding with us and feel you are in financial difficulty, please contact us right away. It is important that we know your change in circumstances as soon as possible; we can work with you and assist you.
Telephone: 0333 240 1313

We're committed to lending responsibly, and encourage you to consider if a Speedy Cash loan is the right solution for you. We recommend that you contact the following organisations in the event of financial difficulties. All of these offer free advice and may be able to help you.

Money Advice Service
An independent service, set up by government to help people make the most of their money, providing free, unbiased money advice to everyone across the UK — online, over the phone and face to face.
Tel: 0300 500 5000

National Debtline
A free, confidential and independent telephone helpline for debt problems.
Tel: 0808 808 4000 (England, Wales, and Scotland)

Advice UK
A network of independent advice-providing organisations.
Tel: 020 7469 5700

Citizens Advice Bureau
A network of local offices offering free, confidential independent advice.

Christians Against Poverty
Free advice with local networks.
Tel: 0127 476 0720

Step Change
Free, confidential advice and support.
Tel: 0800 138 1111

Credit Action
Tel: 0207 380 3390

Funded by the credit industry but is impartial and deals with all creditors.
Tel: 0800 280 2816

Q. What is Continuous Payment Authority?

A. Continuous Payment Authority is a type of regular automatic payment arrangement that can be set up using your debit card and is linked to the bank account of the debit card details that you supply. A continuous payment authority is different from a direct debit or standing order, as the timing and amount of payment(s) may vary. When you provide your debit card details to us you permit us to use the continuous payment authority to take payments from your account.

Q. How does a Continuous Payment Authority work?

A. This method of payment is set up by you giving your debit card details to Speedy Cash for a loan on which you wish to make regular payment(s).This can be done over the phone or in person at one of our stores.

Q. How do I cancel a Continuous Payment Authority?

A. You may contact your bank directly. Alternatively, you may ask us to cancel it by contacting the store at which you obtained your loan or writing to Speedy Cash at:

Continuous Payment Authority Mailing Address

Speedy Cash
Customer Relations
PO Box 10258
Nottingham, NG1 9JD

You will still owe any outstanding amount due, as set out in your agreement and you will need to provide an alternative method of repayment.